Knotch Release Notes: Release 1.2.4
Thursday, September 3rd, 2020
|Profile Page Content Folder||Now users can click into brand content folders and search for keywords, and check out insights specific to that folder… cool right 🙂|
|Showing dashes in Measurement tables when demographic data is unavailable||We’ve recently updated our Measurement tables to show dashes when demographic data is unavailable. Previously, a random value appeared for units with views but no demographic data.|
|Showing dashes in Measurement tables for email units’ traffic metrics||We’re now hiding traffic metrics for Email Units in our Measurement tables. These metrics were already hidden in the unit dashboard view, but persisted in tables. Views, Visitors, Time on Page, and Shares are no longer appearing anywhere in the product for Email Units, and will no longer impact aggregations.|
|Pulling in published dates for Blueprint (owned)||Added more flexibility for accurately collecting owned contents’ publish dates. ~70% of owned content now has the correct publish date and this will improve each week….big win|
|Improve error pages from the blueprint||Built an automatic solution to stop “error” pages from appearing in Blueprint
While we are not at 100% accurate as of right now we have improved our capture rate so hopefully, you are seeing a lot less now. – keep reporting if you do
|Restrict file uploads in Measurement Unit Generator||Enhanced product security by ensuring that only approved file formats (jpg, jpeg, png, gif, tiff, bmp) are being passed through the background image uploader (in the Measurement unit generator).
Example of error message
|Folder Level User Permissions||The ability to restrict what data (and sections/folder) users can see in the product (at a user level).
|Optimizing keywords||We continue to optimize keywords in Blueprint|
|Optimizing page load for Blueprint||We continue to optimize Load times in Blueprint|
|Blueprint Advanced Search||Thanks to Bolt we are also working on improving Advance search|
Other: Improvements to Measurement dashboard & reporting
Why: why did we make changes to our handling of aggregations?
(1) To improve the accuracy and transparency of our metrics
(2) We want metrics on the dashboard to match those on the report tool
(3) To think ahead and put ourselves in a better position for custom reporting
How: how did we improve the accuracy and alignment of the dashboard and the report tool? how were aggregates calculated prior to the change?
Prior to the changes, dashboard and report metrics were calculated with “uniques” philosophy. This means we are counting the number of users who perform an action, rather than counting the number of actions itself. This poses an issue when aggregating because unique-counts are unique to a given time period. In other words, you cannot get the lifetime numbers by summing up the daily numbers. How confusing!
After the changes, metrics are calculated with “sums” philosophy, which counts the actions.
Now, you can sum the numbers any which way and they will match. #winning
Disclaimer – what is an acceptable difference in data discrepancies?
When doing a project like this anything below 3% is perfectly acceptable and does not warrant a bug ticket.
- First off, numbers will not decrease. Only increase. We’re going to see larger increases in metrics that visitors are likely to perform more than once.
- You will see the biggest jump in video metrics. Benchmark is 20% increase. This is because on average visitors watch a video more than once!
- We expect interaction & clickthrough metrics to increase by about 4%
- You will also observe a significant increase in the device-type page view breakdowns, without an increase in total page views. Page views was already sums-based, but the device type breakdowns was uniques-based. The increase may appear large, but it is just matching it up to the total.
Upcoming Sprint themes
- General Bug fixing
- Blueprint reporting UI
- Measurement reporting release (we are building out some new graphs (engagement graphs) but this will be in a future release)
- And much more 🙂