Optimize campaigns with real-time content analysis
For content marketing campaigns to be effective, CMOs and their teams need real-time content analysis that shows what’s working, what’s not, and how to take steps today to optimize assets and distribution channels. With content analytics tools that provide a real-time view of performance, content teams can quickly make adjustments that enhance value for audiences, improve effectiveness of campaigns, and deliver greater ROI.
Knotch provides a data-driven content marketing platform that combines real-time analytics with a suite of solutions that let CMOs plan, measure, optimize, and benchmark content efforts more successfully.
The benefit of real-time content analytics
Brands are banking heavily on content marketing today, and content marketing measurement technology is critical to getting the highest return on that investment. Every engagement, whether it lasts a few seconds or several minutes, is an opportunity to measure the impact of content on audiences and their perception of the brand.
Many analytics tools provide data days or weeks after engagement. While this data is useful in planning future creative directions and publishing partnerships, it does nothing to help improve the performance of campaigns right now.
With real-time content analysis, however, marketers can understand what content pieces, types, themes, and channels are working best, which can be optimized to do better, and which should probably be replaced or abandoned. It’s impossible to predict which assets will do well with audiences, and having real-time performance data lets marketers act immediately to alter strategy, channels, and content for the better.
With real-time information, marketers can adjust a title that isn’t getting clicks, substitute a video that’s drawing negative responses, or review a distribution channel that’s not pulling in a target audience. Ultimately, real-time content analysis lets brands get the best results from their campaigns and ensures that their audiences’ feedback is always heard.
Real-time content analysis with Knotch
Knotch is the independent Content Intelligence Platform that combines real-time analytics with audience sentiment data to help CMOs and their teams successfully measure and impact the outcome of their content efforts. For teams that want to know how to measure content marketing success most accurately, we provide first-party information that is independently collected and totally unbiased, enabling brands to have a comprehensive view of audience and performance data.
Knotch real-time content analysis is delivered through continually updating dashboard views that pair quantitative data – unique visitors, page views, scroll depth, video completions – with qualitative data that shows how audiences feel about content. To collect this audience sentiment information, we’ve developed an intuitive feedback unit that’s embedded in content, allowing audiences to respond while they’re engaging with content or just after. Using the universal metaphor of a temperature scale, our feedback unit makes it easy for users to respond at the exact moment when they are most invested in sharing their opinion. As a result, the Knotch feedback unit has a response rate that is roughly 2000 times greater than standard techniques like pop-up surveys and email questionnaires.
In addition to measuring audience sentiment in real-time, Knotch measurement tools enable content teams to:
- View holistic audience and performance data. We combine qualitative audience feedback with quantitative volume metrics and audience demographic/psychographic information in real time to give content teams a comprehensive understanding of the performance of their content and the actions of their audiences.
- Make cross-platform comparisons. By aggregating content analytics across owned hubs and paid partnerships, we help teams understand which publishing partners, distribution channels, and content strategies are working best.
- Measure ROI. With accurate data about how audiences feel about the content they’re consuming, marketers can measure and demonstrate the return on their brand’s substantial investment in content.
- Optimize campaigns in real-time. Knotch gives content teams the power to act immediately to bolster underperforming campaigns and ensure that every audience engagement is contributing to campaign objectives.
The Knotch platform and real-time content analysis are invaluable to content teams in a wide range of industries, including automotive, B2B tech, financial services, retail, professional services, and healthcare content marketing, among others.
A holistic view of audience and performance data
Knotch can be deployed across owned content hubs, publisher branded content, video advertising, social media, and email marketing. To enable real-time content analysis, Knotch collects information on a wide range of data points that include:
- Purchase intent
- Overall views
- Unique views
- Referral source
- Time spent
- Scroll depth
- Click throughs
- Video completion rates
- Device & browser type
- Social engagement
- Custom events
- Job Function
- Brand/purchase affinity
- In-market segments
This robust data set is combined and weighted to create a customizable Knotch Content Performance Score that gives CMOs an instant understanding of how content pieces, types, themes, and campaigns are performing against objectives.
Additional Knotch solutions
Along with tools for content measurement and real-time analytics, the Knotch platform provides:
- Content planning software with real-time competitor analysis, a comprehensive catalog of publishers, a publisher matching feature, and tools for improving the way content campaigns are planned and executed.
- Content journey mapping tools that let marketers define the stages of custom audience journeys and map the best content for each stage.
- An AI-powered content recommendation engine that automatically suggests the next, most valuable step in the journey.
- An automated content library that automatically organizes all content ever created under one roof.
- Content insights that automatically surface the most valuable intelligence.
FAQs: What is real-time content analysis?
What is real-time content analysis?
Real-time content analysis is data that lets content marketers view the performance of campaigns, assets, and distribution channels in real time.
What’s the advantage of real-time content analysis?
With real-time analytics, marketers can take immediate action to adjust strategy, revise or replace content, and alter the mix of distribution channels to optimize campaigns and increase ROI.
How does real-time content analysis work?
Real-time content analysis relies on the ability to collect both quantitative and qualitative data in real-time. While real-time quantitative data is fairly easy to obtain, getting real-time qualitative data – how audiences feel about and react to content – has traditionally been nearly impossible. Knotch has solved this challenge with an audience feedback unit that’s built right into content, allowing users to register their opinion about content while they engage with it.