The rise of healthcare content marketing
Content marketing is a natural fit for healthcare organizations as consumers are constantly looking for valuable and authoritative information about health matters. Healthcare content marketing enables organizations to engage consumers and build brand awareness by providing material that users find helpful, useful, and instructive. By building relationships with target audiences based on trust, healthcare organizations can win new customers and increase loyalty from existing patrons.
To be successful in a highly competitive marketplace, healthcare content marketing requires an analytics platform that can measure content marketing success in real time and provide qualitative data that reveals how audiences feel about the content they are consuming. That’s where the Knotch Content Intelligence Platform delivers superior value.
The key to effective healthcare content marketing
CMOs in healthcare organizations face a different set of challenges than most other content marketing teams. Marketing budgets are extremely tight, and compliance requirements are incredibly stringent. The stakes in healthcare are higher than most other industries, and consumers’ decisions are more often based on emotion than on price or competitive comparison. More than almost any other field, building trust with a target audience is essential when marketing healthcare services.
For CMOs, these challenges require content marketing analytics that incorporate real-time feedback from audiences about whether content meets their needs or not. The problem: real-time audience sentiment data has traditionally been nearly impossible to capture.
Most content performance measurement tools focus almost exclusively on quantitative data – the volume of traffic, unique visitors, scroll depth, time spent on page, and other metrics that document the volume of engagement. What these metrics can’t reveal is whether audiences like the content or not and whether it’s meeting their needs and helping to build trust with the brand.
The standard industry techniques for capturing audience sentiment – pop-up surveys and email questionnaires – are either too disruptive, cumbersome, or unintuitive to engage healthcare consumers. As a result, the response rate for these methods is abysmal – somewhere around 0.01%. That leaves healthcare content marketing teams with virtually no insight into how audiences feel about their content.
To execute successful healthcare content marketing campaigns, brands need solutions that can help them better understand how their content is received by customers.
Knotch: real-time analytics for healthcare content marketing
The Knotch Content Intelligence Platform provides healthcare marketers with strategic planning capabilities, cross-channel measurement tools, and real-time actionable intelligence. We also enables marketers to capture audience feedback in real-time.
We collect audience sentiment data by embedding an intuitive and engaging feedback unit in every piece of content. As users finish reading a blog, watching a video, or studying an article, our feedback unit appears and asks users to share their feelings about the content they’ve just consumed. Using a temperature scale, users can register their opinion within seconds.
By providing an immediate and engaging opportunity to express their feelings at the precise moment when they’re most likely to do so, we have achieved a response rate of around 20% – 2000x higher than the industry average. And because our technology captures data in real time, we can present our healthcare customers with real-time analytics as well.
Additionally, the Knotch platform enables data-driven content marketing campaigns by providing:
- Comprehensive overviews. Content teams can immediately see which content types, themes, and distribution channels are the best performers, and which can be optimized to increase ROI.
- Cross-platform comparisons. We aggregate content analytics across all paid partnerships and owned content hubs.
- Holistic data. The Knotch platform combines audience sentiment data with quantitative volume metrics and audience demographic/psychographic information to present a complete picture of performance and audience data.
A comprehensive Content Intelligence Platform
Along with tools for measuring performance in healthcare content marketing campaigns, the Knotch platform enables marketers to:
- View the competitive landscape. Our competitive analytics allow marketers to search and discover content investments across brands, publishers, and industries. Teams can view detailed information about a competitor’s content strategy, publishing cadence, and themes.
- Find the right publishing partners. Marketers can search a comprehensive catalog of publishers to identify the best partners based on target demographics, creative goals, and KPIs.
- Create custom content journeys. A content journey mapping tool lets brands take control of the reader’s journey, assigning content to each stage that best meets their needs and interests.
- Automatically recommend content. Content teams can engage audiences in organic and personalized conversations, collecting feedback that enables our platform to automatically suggest the next, most valuable step in the customer journey.
- Access essential insight. AI-powered technology automatically surfaces insights that might be easily missed and provides access to intelligence based on audience, topic, and more.
The Knotch platform serves the needs of both B2C and B2B content marketing teams. In addition to healthcare and pharmaceutical content marketing, Knotch is widely used by brands in retail, B2B tech, automotive, financial services, professional services, and other industries.
Why healthcare teams trust Knotch
Healthcare content marketing teams trust Knotch to transparently collect information and deliver unbiased data. We never monetize from distribution channels – our only customers are the brands we serve. That means, unlike publishers, digital agencies, and other third parties, we have no stake in the success of what we are measuring and no incentive to deliver anything but the most objective analytics. With Knotch, content teams get first-party data anonymized for data privacy regulations, enabling their brands to end dependence on unreliable third-party data.
FAQs: What is healthcare content marketing?
What is healthcare content marketing?
Healthcare content marketing is the discipline of providing consumers and business customers with highly valuable content that serves their needs, answers their questions, and helps to increase their trust in a brand. When healthcare content marketing is successful, brands can build relationships with target audiences that will ultimately result in high-value actions.
What makes healthcare content marketing successful?
To be successful, healthcare content marketing teams must provide users with content that users feel is valuable, useful, informative, or entertaining. The only way to measure this with certainty is by collecting real-time audience sentiment data. When marketers understand in real-time how audiences feel about the content they’re consuming, they can effectively optimize campaigns, revise content, and modify the mix of distribution channels to reach and engage users more successfully.