Increasing ROI with enhanced content metrics
Brands today are directing more resources toward content marketing and expecting a significant return on their investment. The key to achieving that ROI? Enhanced content metrics. Armed with the right data, content teams can design more effective campaigns, make adjustments on the fly to increase engagement, and prove the impact of their investment in content.
Knotch is a content intelligence platform that helps CMOs and their content teams to more effectively measure the outcome of their content campaigns in real-time, using actionable intelligence to plan, optimize, and benchmark content efforts across all owned and paid strategies.
Which content metrics really matter?
Like every aspect of digital marketing, content marketing provides brands with lots of data on how well campaigns and individual assets are performing. But with so much data, it can sometimes be difficult to know which content marketing metrics to track closely, and how to measure content marketing most effectively.
In the state of content marketing today, many content marketers, publishers, and other parties with a stake in the performance of content are eager to show success with content marketing campaign KPIs that document the number of views, the time spent on each page, the number of unique visitors, pages per session, and other data points that suggest a certain level of engagement. But what these metrics don’t reveal is whether the audience engaging with content actually liked it or not. Without looking at content metrics related to sentiment, marketers don’t really know whether their content is achieving its objective: to nurture positive interactions and build a better relationship between the brand and its audience.
Of course, there’s a reason that most solutions for content metrics don’t include sentiment data – it’s incredibly difficult to capture. It’s even more rare to find tools delivering real-time sentiment data that enables content teams to make immediate adjustments to improve performance in the middle of a campaign.
That’s where Knotch comes in.
Transparent, real-time content metrics from Knotch
The Knotch platform is the only content measurement technology that works across all owned and paid content, while providing transparent data in real-time. Working exclusively with brands, we do not monetize from any distribution channels to ensure our data is totally unbiased and our business model isn’t invested in the success of what we are measuring.
To deliver superior content metrics, our technology provides:
- Real-time data delivered via a multitude of ever-updating dashboard views and customizable exports.
- Audience sentiment data that helps content marketers understand how their customers engage, behave, and feel about each piece of content.
- Insightful overviews of campaigns that show what content types, themes, and distribution channels are most effective, and how to optimize the ones that aren’t.
- Aggregated analytics that provide cross-platform comparisons across all owned and paid content.
- Holistic audience and performance metrics that combine attitudinal feedback with high-level volume metrics, data on engagement and conversion, and audience demographic / psychographic information in real-time.
Comprehensive content metrics
The Knotch platform provides content teams with a more comprehensive view of content performance and audience data, combining a wide range of content metrics that include:
- Purchase intent
- Click-through rates
- Custom events
- Device & browser type
- Overall views
- Referral source
- Scroll depth
- Social engagement
- Time spent
- Unique views
- Video completion rates
- Brand/purchase affinity
- In-market segments
- Job Function
We succeed in collecting qualitative feedback where others have failed by using an innovative response tool that’s built right into brand content, allowing users to quickly and intuitively register their feeling about each piece of content as they consume it. By designing an engaging experience that collects sentiment data in the moment, we have not only achieved a response rate that is exponentially higher than traditional tools for capturing sentiment data, but we also deliver that data in real time.
The Knotch Content Intelligence Platform
All data collected by Knotch is 1st party data that belongs to the brand – not to us or any other third party. Because we have no stake in the success of the content our platform is measuring, brands can have confidence the data we provide is transparent and unbiased.
In addition to tools for defining, monitoring and reporting on content metrics, the Knotch platform provides solutions for:
- Creating campaigns with content marketing planning software that provides in-depth analysis of competitors’ content, as well as tools for finding the right publishers and discovering the best creative themes to power content strategy.
- Organizing content in a single location with the ability to automatically tag and index every piece of content for easier access.
- Mapping the ideal content journey for each audience, engaging users more effectively and directing them toward high-value actions.
- Automatically recommending content for the next step in each customers journey by engaging audiences in organic, personalized, and native conversations.
- Developing automated content intelligence, surfacing insights that could otherwise be easily missed and enabling a deeper dive into any content insight with just one click.
FAQs: what are the most important content metrics?
What are content metrics?
In content marketing, content metrics are the data points that brands use to determine how well a piece of content or a campaign is achieving its objectives.
What are the types of content metrics?
Content metrics may include quantitative data that measures the volume of engagement, qualitative data that measures how users feel about content, and audience demographic and psychographic information that can help content teams to segment and target audiences with greater detail.