Drive ROI with a superior content distribution strategy
As marketers work to maximize the impact of their content marketing budgets, a focus on content distribution strategy can help to ensure optimal ROI. A superior content marketing plan must be informed by clear visibility into the publishers, channels, publishing cadence, and themes that will best reach a target audience.
Savvy CMOs know that a data-driven content distribution strategy can deliver far superior results over strategies based on intuition, gut feelings, and a we’ve-always-done-it-this-way approach. That’s why so many content teams today are basing their distribution decisions and content marketing strategy on data developed by the Knotch Content Intelligence Platform.
The secret of effective content distribution
A data-driven content distribution strategy provides teams with the best opportunities to reach target audiences with the best message on the right channel. Every superior content strategy must include intelligence in two key areas.
- Publisher performance. When it comes to a content distribution strategy for paid media, content teams need insight into which publishers will best reach a target audience based on demographics, publishing cadence, and other criteria. With data that shows publishers’ performance history, teams can allocate distribution budgets toward channels most likely to deliver the highest results.
- Competitive analysis. Content distribution strategies must also be informed by a clear idea of what competitors are doing. Competitive intelligence can help marketers to identify the best channels for their content, develop creative themes that will stand apart from the competition, and identify whitespace that can be exploited with new messaging to reach untapped audiences.
Knotch: analytics for a better content distribution strategy
The Knotch Content Intelligence Platform helps CMOs and their teams to plan, measure, optimize, and benchmark content efforts across all owned and paid strategies. Providing real-time, actionable intelligence, Knotch lets teams impact the outcome of their content campaigns by continually optimizing assets, themes, and channels to reach targeted audiences successfully.
To aid marketers in developing the most effective content distribution strategy, Knotch combines proprietary data with AI-powered processes and real-time insights to infuse the planning process with more robust intelligence. With Knotch, brands and their content teams can improve the ROI of branded content by establishing a content distribution strategy and creative themes based on accurate and unbiased data.
Features of Knotch competitive content analytics
To enhance content distribution strategy, the Knotch platform provides:
- Competitive content analysis. Our content analytics software enables content teams to search and discover content investments across brands, publishers, or industries. Marketers can gain insight into competitors’ creative approaches, content distribution strategies, publishing cadences, and target audiences. Knotch helps uncover top creative themes and identify messaging gaps that brands can exploit to reach new audiences.
- Publisher matching features. We provide a comprehensive catalog of vetted publishers, along with tools for identifying the best publishers for a campaign based on target demographics, KPIs, and creative goals. With Knotch, content teams can instantly find the best publishers for specific content, pairing campaigns with the ideal publisher and target audience.
Knotch also helps content teams to benchmark content efforts more easily, plan effective content campaigns, and build a content distribution strategy powered by predictive intelligence and real-time insight.
The Knotch Content Intelligence Platform
In addition to publisher information and competitive analysis for content distribution strategy, the Knotch platform enables marketers to:
- Analyze and optimize campaigns. Knotch provides a content marketing metrics dashboard that delivers a complete view of digital content performance. With Knotch, teams can know what content types, themes, and distribution channels are working best and how to optimize them in real time.
- Automatically recommend the next, best piece of content. Knotch helps brands engage audiences in organic, personalized, and native conversations. The feedback collected through these conversations enables our recommendation engine to automatically suggest the next, most valuable piece of content for each user.
- Map content for the ideal customer journey. By defining custom stages for the journey of each audience, marketers can map content to each stage and take control of users’ journeys from one piece of content the next.
- Organize content libraries more efficiently. Knotch automatically organizes, classifies, tags, and indexes every single content asset ever created, storing it under one roof for faster search and easier access.
- Develop automated content insights. Our AI-powered platform automatically surfaces insights that marketers might easily miss, and provides access to content intelligence organized by topic, audience, and more.
Knotch is the choice of brands in a wide variety of industries, including teams responsible for content marketing in financial services, retail, professional services, automotive, B2B tech, pharmaceuticals, and healthcare.
FAQs: what is a content distribution strategy?
What is a content distribution strategy?
In content marketing, a distribution strategy identifies the publishing partners and distribution channels that are most likely to reach target audiences with a brand’s content. A content distribution strategy may also determine the ideal publishing cadence that will most successfully engage targeted users.
What makes a content distribution strategy effective?
A superior content distribution strategy must be informed by competitive analytics that provide content teams with a view of the landscape in which their content will be received. Understanding the competition’s content strategy, top creative themes, and publishing schedule can help teams to craft a strategy designed to reach target audiences more effectively than competitors’ content. A content distribution strategy must also identify the channels and publishers that are most aligned with a content strategy, allowing brands to maximize the reach of their content and the impact of their investment.
How do you measure the effectiveness of a content distribution strategy?
CMOs and their teams can measure effectiveness by collecting real-time data about the performance of content with each publisher and on each distribution channel. With insight into what is working and what is not, content teams can quickly take action to revise or replace content and alter the mix of channels to improve engagement.