Optimize campaigns with content analytics software
Brands are relying on content marketing more than ever to help build trust with audiences. To deliver on this expectation, content teams must continually optimize campaigns to inform, entertain, and persuade target audiences more successfully. Content analytics software is essential to this mission – but only when solutions can deliver real-time content success data that is comprehensive and unbiased.
When content teams from leading brands want to learn how to measure content marketing success most effectively, they turn to the content analytics software and solutions on the Knotch platform.
What to look for in a content analytics solution
There is no shortage of content analytics software on the market. Each promises to deliver the most relevant content insights and content measurement tools for optimizing campaigns, assets, and distribution channels. But most of these products lack essential features that make them of limited use to CMOs and their content teams.
To allow brands to successfully optimize all aspects of content marketing, content analytics software must provide three things.
- Audience feedback. Most content analytics software is great with the quantitative data that measures the volume of engagement. These solutions can accurately measure page views, scroll depth, time spent on page, and video completion rates. What they don’t provide is critical qualitative information: how audiences feel about the content they consume. Unless marketers know whether users actually like a piece of content, they can’t know whether the content is doing what it’s supposed to do – building trust, improving perception, and moving the user closer to high-value actions.
- Real-time data. Every content analytics software package offers detailed reporting on performance and critical metrics. But too often, this intelligence is delivered after the campaign is finished. While this information can be vital in planning future efforts and choosing publishing partnerships, it does nothing to help the content team make a course correction on underperforming campaigns. Without real-time data, marketers can’t take immediate steps to optimize efforts when campaigns, content, or channels aren’t hitting the mark.
- Unbiased reporting. Much of the data that content analytics software solutions rely on is provided by distribution channels, agencies, or other partners. In many cases, these third parties have a stake in how well content and channels perform, incentivizing them to present data in ways that show their efforts most favorably. Simply put, this data is often biased, leaving brands unsure whether they can trust it.
Knotch content analytics software
Knotch is the independent Content Intelligence Platform with SaaS-based content analytics software that solves the critical data challenges of content marketing. Providing real-time, unbiased intelligence across all owned and paid channels, our platform combines audience feedback with quantitative data and audience demographic/psychographic information to give you a comprehensive view of content performance.
Knotch content analytics software enables your content team to:
- Trust their data. Because we never monetize from distribution channels, we have no investment in the success of the content we are measuring. We are the Switzerland of data, providing unbiased information that our brand customers can trust 100%.
- Measure audience sentiment. We’ve developed an engaging and intuitive feedback unit that can be embedded into any piece of content, allowing users to share their feeling about content at the very moment they are engaging with it. Using the universally understood metaphor of a temperature scale, we make it easy for users to document their opinion in a few seconds and a single click, exponentially increasing response rates over the industry average. And because this data is collected as users are actively engaged with content, we can deliver real-time sentiment feedback to our brand customers.
- Get data in real-time. From content performance metrics to analysis of competitors’ campaigns, the Knotch platform provides real-time data that brands can use to optimize efforts immediately. Our content marketing analytics tools let content teams see what content types, themes, and distribution channels are working best, and which can be optimized to perform even better. With real-time data, content teams can alter strategy, channel mix, or content assets to increase engagement and achieve higher ROI.
Analytics based on comprehensive data
Knotch content analytics software is based on a robust dataset. Metrics are combined and weighted to create a customizable Knotch Content Performance Score – a metric that gives CMOs a quick read on the performance of every piece of content.
Our metrics include:
- Purchase intent
- Custom metrics
- Overall views
- Unique views
- Referral source
- Time spent
- Scroll depth
- Video completion rates
- Device & browser type
- Social engagement
- Custom events
- Job Function
- Brand/purchase affinity
- In-market segments
Additional solutions on the Knotch platform
Along with content analytics software, the Knotch platform provides additional solutions that enable teams to manage all aspects of content campaigns.
- Our solutions for the analysis of competitors’ content provides real-time insight that can help plan more effective campaigns. Search and discover content investments across brands, publishers, or industries, and review detailed information to uncover top creative themes and benchmark campaigns in each industry. We also offer a publisher matching feature that provides access to a comprehensive catalog of publishers, with tools for identifying the best partners for a campaign based on target audience demographics and KPIs.
- An automated content library automatically organizes and classifies every single content asset ever created, storing it under one roof with robust search and filter capabilities for easy and immediate access.
- A content journey mapping tool lets content teams define the stages of an organic journey for each audience segment, and map content to each stage that serves the users’ needs and interests while focusing them on high-value actions.
- A content recommendation engine engages users in personalized conversations, collecting feedback that informs suggestions for the next, most valuable step in their content journey.
- Our AI-powered technology provides content intelligence that marketers can view based on topic, audience, and other criteria, with the ability to dig deeper into any insight with just one click.
Knotch content analytics software is the choice of teams responsible for automotive, retail, financial services, professional services, B2B tech, and healthcare content marketing, among others. It is widely used as an Adobe Analytics alternative.
FAQs: What is content analytics software?
What is content analytics software?
Content analytics software provides content marketing teams with detailed data on how well campaigns, content assets, and distribution channels are performing against defined goals and KPIs.
What are the essential features of content analytics?
To enable content teams to be successful, analytics software must provide real-time data that lets marketers immediately take action to address content, campaigns, or channels that are underperforming. Analytics solutions must also incorporate audience feedback that shows how users feel about the content they’re consuming, allowing marketers to know whether content is fulfilling its goal of building stronger relationships with target audiences.